Government: Wheat procured by the former Ministry of Economy is of good quality, safe for further marketing

The Information states that the Ministry of Economic Development addressed the local self-governments with the question of whether there was a market disturbance in their territories and whether the supply carriers needed an emergency delivery of flour and edible oil.

From the Government session, Photo: Government of Montenegro

The wheat that was procured by the former Ministry of Economy, and which is stored in the Port of Bar, is of good quality and is safe for further placement, the Government announced.

At today’s session, the Government adopted the Information on the execution of conclusions from the session of the Government of Montenegro from January 14 regarding the handling of 10.5 thousand tons of wheat, procured by the former Ministry of Economy, and placed in the silos of the Port of Bar.

The information states that the Ministry of Economic Development addressed the local self-governments with the question of whether there was a market disturbance on their territories and whether the supply carriers needed an emergency delivery of flour and edible oil.

“Of all the municipalities, only Tivat, Cetinje and Rozaje expressed the need to be supplied with flour under the conditions prescribed by the plan for the current year. In that way, the conditions have been created to start with the second phase, that is, the procedure of contracting transportation and storage in silos that serve the needs of the mills “, the Government announced.

They said that the Food Safety Administration, after the inspection, confirmed that the wheat was of good quality and that it was safe for further marketing.

“Implementation of the conclusion by which the Ministry of Economic Development is in charge of submitting the necessary documentation to the Prosecutor’s Office for further action in order to determine whether there was illegal financial income on any basis, ie whether there was damage due to negligence or negligent work in service, will be completed during March, after the completion of documentation and legal explanation “, it is stated in the announcement.

The Government said that the invoices for the sweetening of wheat have so far received invoices for November in the amount of 47.2 thousand euros, for December and January 48.8 thousand, as well as invoices for elevation and fumingation for December in the amount of 3, 15 thousand euros.